Your School Nurse Jennifer Garren, and Katherine Morgan, Health Assistant, would like to welcome you all to the Desert Willow Nurses Office.
In the Health Office, it is our primary objective to keep students and staff healthy to achieve optimum academic success for each student. Some of the services that we provide include:
- Chronic Disease Management
- Acute and Emergency Care
- Family Engagement
- Care Coordination
- Vision, hearing, and health screenings
- Making sure every student is up to date on their vaccinations
- Providing Health Education
- Assisting our community in accessing health care.
The Health Office will join with teachers, counselors, and staff in providing holistic services that consider the whole child and their family and/or community in our delivery of care.
Please inform the school nurse of any health concern, medical diagnosis (including COVID-19 testing results or symptoms) or medications a student is taking as the school nurse can help identity any impact on education. Students will only be released to a person listed on the emergency card after verification with a picture ID.
Prescription and over the counter medications can be stored in the health office with the proper paperwork. Medication forms can be printed from the FORMS link on this page or in the link "Current resources & Information.
**Our health office is not a replacement for your usual provider (MD, NP, PA) or emergency services. If this is a medical crisis or emergency please call your provider or 911!**
If you feel you are in emotional or mental health crisis, contact the NM Crisis Line at 1-855-662-7474 (1-855-NMCRISIS).
Should I send my student to school today?
- APS Medication Policy & Forms
- Immunization Information
- Sick Day Guidelines
- APS - When is Sick Too Sick for School? APS youtube video
- APS ¿Cuando Está Demasiado Enfermo Su Hijo(a) para Ir a la Escuela? - APS youtube video in Spanish
- CDC - FLU - Talking to Children About Flu (PDF)
- CDC Handwashing Poster (PDF)
- CDC - Cover your Cough poster (PDF)
- National Assoc. of School Nurses (NASN) Handwashing video
- NASN Lavarse Los Manos
- NASN - Wearing Cloth Face Coverings video
- NASN - Usar una Cubierta de Tela para la Cara - Face Covering - Spanish video
- APS School Based Health Centers
- NM Dept. of Health
- Center for Disease Control
(505) 888-1647 ex: 44221